Text 917-496-8342 for an Immediate Response from our Legal Team (24/7)
Dervishi Law Group P.C.

What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident

June 8th, 2018

Slip and fall accident

A slip and fall accident can happen anytime and anywhere, and result in broken bones and other serious injuries. The resulting medical bills can be extremely high. If your slip and fall accident occurs on someone else’s property, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries from the property owner or manager. The things you do immediately after the accident can go a long way toward proving the property owner was at fault.

Here are some things you can do:

Seek medical attention: The first thing to do is get medical help. Seek medical help even if you believe your injuries are not serious. Injuries to the head and concussions may not be obvious until hours after the accident occurs. A medical report may be helpful when filing a claim.

Report your accident: Find the property owner or manager and let them know about your accident. If it happened in a store, report it to the store manager or owner. If it happened in an apartment building, report it to the building manager or landlord. You must report it to the appropriate person or authority. File a formal report and request a copy.

Collect witness information: If there were any witnesses to your accident, make sure you obtain their contact information including names, addresses and telephone numbers. Your lawyer may contact them at a later date to get their statements. Testimonies of eyewitnesses can be powerful evidence to support your claim.

Take photographs: Photos can be very useful in making your claim. Take photos of the object that made you fall such as a puddle, loose stair tread, torn carpet, slippery floor, etc. Take photographs of the general location and surroundings.

Document evidence: Your accident report, any written correspondence between you and the property owner or manager, and bills and receipts related to your medical treatment are important evidence. Keep them safe as these documents may help prove your case.

Hire an experienced attorney: Your best option after a slip and fall accident is to call an experienced slip and fall accident attorney. A lawyer can answer all of your questions about what to do and guide you through the process of filing a claim and proving liability.

Contact Us

If you or someone you love has been injured in a slip and fall accident, the slip and fall accident lawyers at Dervishi Law Group, P.C. can help you. We can review your case and help you seek compensation for your injuries. Our slip and fall accident lawyers are dedicated, experienced and knowledgeable. Don’t delay. Call us at 917-300-0797 or 718-619-4525 or email fdervishi@dervishilaw.com.

Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0
Tags: ,

Leave a Reply