Crane accidents are common construction site accidents. Crane accidents occur when a worker is struck by an overhead load or caught within the crane’s swing radius. These accidents can lead to serious injuries or death. The Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) have provided safety tips to prevent crane accidents.
Safety Tips to Prevent Crane Accidents
- Inspect cranes before use.
- Crane operators should be properly trained.
- Crane operators should not lift a load beyond crane safety parameters.
- Raise the load a few inches to verify balance and effectiveness of the brakes.
- Do not wrap ropes or chains around the load.
- Never move a load over workers.
- Workers should maintain at least a ten foot wide radius from cranes.
- Workers and crane inspectors should attend additional training sessions.
Construction Site Accident Attorney – Bronx, NY
If you or a loved one has been injured in a crane accident, then consult a skilled personal injury attorney. Construction site accident attorneys at Dervishi Law Group, P.C. are experienced in handling construction site accidents. Call (917) 300-0797 for a consultation with Attorney Fatos Dervishi.