Text 917-496-8342 for an Immediate Response from our Legal Team (24/7)
Dervishi Law Group P.C.

Legal Options After Being Injured as a Motorcycle Passenger

August 22nd, 2017

Motorcycle passenger accident

Motorcycle accidents are terrifying and more dangerous than other motor vehicle accidents. This is because motorcycles lack outer protective shells and have no passive protection systems such as seatbelts or airbags. According to the Centers for Disease Control, approximately 200,000 people become seriously injured in motorcycle accidents every year. If you have been injured as a passenger in a motorcycle accident, you have the right make a claim against several parties depending on the circumstances of the accident.

An Injured Motorcycle Passenger May Make a Claim Against the Following Parties

The motorcycle operator: If the accident was a result of poor decision-making or negligence on the part of the motorcycle operator, you may have a legal claim against the operator for your injuries. Negligence includes speeding, improper lane changes, improper turns and failure to maintain or repair the motorcycle.

The driver of another vehicle: If your injury was the result of a collision between the motorcycle you were riding and another vehicle, you may be able to bring a claim against the driver of the other vehicle. However, this will largely depend on the facts and circumstances of that specific collision.

The mechanic, repair shop or manufacturer: Sometimes a mechanical failure causes a motorcycle accident. The failure may happen for many reasons, and a number of people may be legally liable. If the accident happened due to improperly repaired brakes or indicators, you may make a claim against the repair shop or the mechanic. If the accident happened as a result of a defect in the design or manufacture of the motorcycle, the manufacturer may be held responsible.

A government entity: If the accident was a result of a road defect such as a pothole, a bridge seam or an uneven surface, you may bring a claim against the government entity responsible for the maintenance of the road. This entity may be the state, the county or the local city or town.

Contact Us

If you or someone you love has been injured as a passenger in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to substantial compensation. Our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers can help you. We help you to receive the compensation that you need and deserve. Call 917-300-0797 or 718-619-4525 or email fdervishi@dervishilaw.com.

Share on Facebook1Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0
Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply