Working with a lawyer may feel overwhelming at times. However, a good lawyer will always make you feel comfortable as well as respected. One of the most important things to remember while working with a lawyer is to tell them everything related to your case. Being honest with your personal injury lawyer is critically important. Here is a list of five things you should tell your lawyer:
- Inform your lawyer if you have had any past accidents or injuries: If you have had any past accident or injuries, it is important to inform your personal injury lawyer about it. If your lawyer is informed, he or she will be able to dispute the insurance adjuster if they try to deny the claim by saying that your injuries were caused by past accidents.
- Inform your lawyer if you have any criminal history: If you have any criminal history, it is in your best interest to inform your attorney about it. Although felonies or misdemeanors will not have an effect on your personal injury case, they may be brought up during your trial if a background check is done by the insurance company lawyers.
- Inform your lawyer if you have filed bankruptcy: If you have filed for bankruptcy during your personal injury case, you may not get any settlement amount. However, if your lawyer is aware that you have filed for bankruptcy, he or she can collaborate with your bankruptcy lawyer to secure a portion of the settlement for you.
- Inform your lawyer if you are filing for divorce: If you have filed for divorce or are planning to file, inform your personal injury lawyer. If your spouse was the one who was supporting you after your accident injury, your spouse may be entitled to a portion of the recovered damages.
- Inform your lawyer if you suffered any injuries after the accident: If you have sustained any injuries after the accident, inform your lawyer about it. The opposing party may claim that you are trying to receive compensation for injuries that are not related to the accident.
If you have a personal injury case, remember that it is important to keep your attorney as updated as possible.
Have You Been Injured in an Accident and Need a Lawyer? Contact Us
If you or someone you know has been injured in an accident, contact the Dervishi Law Group, P.C. Our personal injury lawyers have handled thousands of car accident cases and have consistently achieved exceptional results for our clients. Our personal injury lawyers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are in the business of saving lives and livelihoods. Let our attorneys handle everything while you or your loved one focus on healing. Call 917-300-0797 or 718-619-4525 or email email@example.com.