Some ways to prevent the four fatal construction accidents are:
- Use guardrails, fall arrest systems, safety nets, covers and restraint systems.
- Use protective equipment when working with electrical hazards. Create a comprehensive list of all electrical hazards on site and post warning signs to alert workers of electrical risks.
- Provide adequate training to employees for proper usage of machinery and equipment.
- Always wear high-visibility clothing.
- Follow OSHA safety guidelines.
- Post signs about common safety procedures.
- Reinforce safety awareness on a regular basis.