Scaffolds are temporary platforms allowing work to be done above ground level. Scaffolding is used in construction sites, remodelling projects, and various other contracted jobs. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, nearly 5,000 construction workers are injured in scaffolding accidents every year. Even though the number of scaffolding accidents has drastically decreased over the last 30 years, it still poses a serious threat to construction workers nationwide. Injuries sustained from faulty scaffolds can be extremely severe, life-altering, and potentially fatal.
Some of the common injuries that occur due to scaffolding accidents are:
- Broken bones– A worker can suffer fractured and shattered bones due to the force of a fall.
- Amputations– Falling from scaffolds into broken planks, sheered metal or even falling debris can cut limbs or cause infections that may require medical amputation.
- Impaling– Broken rods and wood can be extremely sharp and the force of a fall could drive these objects into the body.
- Traumatic brain injuries– The impactful force of falling from scaffolds can cause brain damage and skull fractures.
- Spinal cord injuries– A worker falling on his back may suffer swelling, bleeding, haemorrhaging and spinal tears.
- Paralysis- Falling from scaffolds may also cause paralysis to the worker, stopping him from undertaking any kind of work in the future.
- Wrongful death– Falling, getting struck by falling debris, and having scaffolding collapse could all potentially cause fatal injuries including internal or excessive bleeding, broken necks, and brain haemorrhages, some of which can lead to death.
Scaffolding injuries can be brutal, causing you a lifetime of pain and suffering. Following the basic safety measures can often prevent scaffolding accident injuries. Always stay alert and secured while working on scaffolds, and always pay attention to your surroundings for possible signs of danger.
Contact Our Scaffolding Accidents Attorney at 917-300-0797/ 718-619-4525
If you have been injured in a scaffolding accident, you should talk to a scaffolding accident attorney to represent you and help protect your rights. At Dervishi Law Group, P.C. we pride ourselves on helping scaffolding accident victims. You can call us at 917-300-0797/ 718-619-4525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To find out more, visit our website- www.dervishilaw.com