Construction Site Vehicle Accidents
Work vehicles used on construction sites can cause numerous injuries and fatal accidents. If you or your loved one is injured in a vehicle accident on a construction site, then you may be able to seek compensation. It is important to seek an experienced construction accident injury attorney to cover your damages. Dervishi Law Group P.C. has claimed thousands of dollars for construction accident victims in NY.
Possible Causes of Construction Site Vehicle Accidents
- Poorly trained, distracted or drunk equipment operators.
- Failure to erect the proper warning sign at the correct place.
- Manufacturing defect in the heavy equipment used on the project.
Establishing a Safe Construction Site and Avoiding Vehicle Accidents
There are measures to take in order to avoid construction site vehicle accidents:
- Establish a traffic plan for the site.
- Ensure that all visiting drivers report to site management before entering the site.
- Segregate pedestrian and vehicle traffic routes. Provide a physical barrier and highly visible warning signs for drivers and pedestrians.
- Where possible, segregate pedestrian and vehicle traffic routes. Provide a physical barrier for the segregation. If not, adequate warnings must be in place.
- Consider a one-way traffic system to reduce the risk of collisions.
- Check that suitable safety features are provided. Direction, speed limit and priority signs may be needed. Determine whether physical speed restrictions, such as speed bumps, are necessary. The edges of loading bays and pits must be marked and fitted with a barrier.
- Check that lighting and visibility provide safe passage through the worksite, both inside and outside.
Injured in a Construction Site Accident? Call Us at 917-300-0797
You can trust the construction accident lawyers of Dervishi Law Group, P.C. Their skill and knowledge is remarkable. We serve throughout Manhattan, New York and Westchester. For a free consultation, call 917-300-0797, 212-235-1447, 718-619-4525 or email email@example.com.